Full-Time Sales Positions Available!
One-Two Years of On-the-job training in
and Customer Service
will provide you with the experience
you need to
become a successful sales person
at the largest
wholesale nursery in Ohio!
Willoway’s Sales Department Willoway currently ships to 27 states across the country. At this time, there are a total of 8 full time sales people servicing these states, each with an assigned geographical region of customers. Geographical areas range from areas as small as Cleveland to areas as large as multiple states. Three in-house customer service representatives take care of customers’ needs and take orders while their sales person is out of the office.
To better serve our customers, we will need to add at least three sales people to our sales staff in the next two years.
About the Apprenticeship Position…
New this year to Willoway's recruiting program is the Apprenticeship Program. The goal of this program is to recruit college graduates interested in Sales to our nursery.
- Recent graduates would work for Willoway as an apprentice for 12-18 months • During this time, apprentices would participate in a combination of on-the-job training and practical instruction
- Learn the basics of the nursery and become familiar with our products
- Gain experience in plant identification, grading, shipping, order processing, inventory, customer service, and much more!
- You may be required to travel out-of-state with a sales representative
After the Apprenticeship…
Upon completion of the apprenticeship program, management will evaluate the employee to consider placing them into our sales department as a full time sales person. Currently, Willoway is assessing its need for sales people in the Chicago area, Kansas City, and on the East Coast. The need for in-house sales people may also arise in the near future. Be prepared to keep your options open and to be flexible with the changing needs of the industry!
*Qualifications for acceptance into the Apprenticeship Program*
- 2 or 4 year degree in horticulture or sales-related field
- Nursery/greenhouse experience not required, but will be beneficial
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent attendance record
- Willing to learn new skills and share previous experiences with Willoway
- All new employees must pass a pre-employment drug test
Please contact Emily Jalkanen at (440) 934-4435 extension 2230 or at email@example.com if you are interested in applying for the program. You may also mail resumes and a brief cover letter stating your interest in the program to:
Willoway Nurseries, Inc
Attn: Emily Jalkanen
PO Box 299
Avon, OH 44011
We encourage prospective employees to tour the nursery and meet our staff to see if this is the right place for you! Contact Emily if you would like to schedule a tour.