The Willoway Advantage
- State of the art growing facility Creating Excellence since 1954.
- Locally grown, regionally hardy plants conveniently located within a day's drive of 50% of the U.S. population
- Stringent quality control process to ensure consistent plant quality every time.
- Container grown trees and shrubs treated with SpinOut™
- Landscape grade/sized material.
- Over 2,000 varieties of trees, shrubs, perennials, annuals, and tropicals.
- National branded programs such as:
- American Beauties®
- David Austin Roses
- Drift Roses®
- Endless Summer®
- Knock Out Roses®
- Novalis® - Plants That Work® (founding member)
- Proven Winners® (Diamond Level Grower)
- Raymond Evison™
- Star Roses®
- Largest Pot-in-Pot grower in the midwest offering sizes ranging from 3 gallon shrubs to 45 gallon trees.
- Competitive pricing with low order minimums.
- "Just in time" inventory replenishment and flexible shipping options.
- Knowledgeable sales staff and customer service reps.
- Plants for every season including Mother's Day, Christmas (live goods), and seasonal color.
- Professional point-of-purchase materials, displays, and customizable "pre-priced" plant tags.
- Searchable plant database for printing customer bench cards and reference materials.
- Three Wholesale Distribution Centers in Ohio for same day pick-up or job site deliveries.
Willoway Nurseries, Inc. is one of the largest wholesale growers of quality nursery stock in the midwest and ranks within the top 40 nationwide. Willoway encompasses approximately 550 acres of field production and 450 acres of container stock which includes 32 acres of climate controlled greenhouses. We carry over 2,000 different plant varieties including shade trees, ornamental trees and shrubs, evergreens, perennials, and flowering annuals.
Utilizing the latest growing supplies and techniques, we are able to consistently supply a high quality product shipped in a timely fashion. Willoway is centrally located to easily service customers from Wyoming to Maine and from Minnesota to Arkansas.
Wholesale orders are primarily shipped from our two main nurseries in Avon and Huron, Ohio. Willoway also has three conveniently located wholesale distribution centers called Premier Plant Solutions, one in Avon, one in Broadview Heights, and one in Hilliard servicing the Columbus, OH area.
Willoway utilizes the latest technology in cultural practices to consistently produce stock that is significantly high in quality. We are continually experimenting with new methods and supplies to create plants with exceptional health and vigor.
All plants that leave our facility are first inspected to ensure you are getting the finest product available.
Willoway has increased our pot 'n pot production areas to over 65 acres to enable us to grow 150,000 more trees and shrubs. Pot 'n Pot allows us to produce a more uniform plant in a shorter growing time. Because there is no digging involved, we can supply large caliper trees throughout the planting season.
Willoway treats all container trees, 7 gallon and larger, with SpinOut™. This treatment dramatically reduces root girdle, which promotes growth of a strong root system. The result is an increased survival rate in the landscape.
Colorful picture tags are available for nursery stock to provide information about the plant, as well as detailed care instructions, custom pricing, and barcoding.
Several of our product lines are supported by eye catching posters, bench cards and flyers to draw attention to your featured plant displays.
Willoway keeps busy even during the winter months. One of our most popular services we concentrate on during the off season is the forcing of plant material for trade shows and conventions. Willoway converts an entire loading dock, several acres of greenhouse, and a cold house to growing space to accomplish this massive undertaking. By utilizing compartments of varying temperature and lighting, we can accurately force a plant to the exact growth stage needed.
Willoway has come a long way since being founded in 1954. The present Avon, OH location started on just 10 acres, and has grown to cover more than 1000 acres in multiple locations. Willoway employs 140 full-time employees, and adds over 300 more seasonal employees in the spring.
We are continuing to expand our facilities and explore new ideas to better serve our customers.